What Are We Doing- working under pressure
Have you ever wondered at the end of the day? You know that you completed several tasks but still have more to do.
Everyone feels pressure at times, some more than others. Some thrive and others fold under pressure. Then there is the group that is addicted to being stressed. Pressure is synonymous with stress.
Under pressure, we naturally play to win and not to lose!
The ability to manage stress can influence every part of your life.
We must learn to order our world. Regardless of your present ability to deal with the pressure, you can do better.
Attack your stress from a physiological perspective:
1. Make your brain resilient to stress. Remain mindful and focus. When you are mindful, the brain can filter out distractions.
2. Slow down. Slowing down allows you more time to think and make better decisions.
3. Breathe. Take slow deep breaths.
4. Relax your muscles.
1. Stress doesn't require certain behaviors
2. Look far ahead. Will what you are dealing with today matter in 1, 5, 10 or 30 years from now?
3. Consider that you have more than one choice.
4. Focus on what you want. Sometimes under pressure, we tend to make decisions to avoid negative outcomes, rather than chase positive.
5. Lower the stakes
6. Focus on the task not the results
7. Rely on your senses to keep you grounded.
The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. William James
Learn more about stress management with our Fit For Service Wellness programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469.814.0658.