1. Host a Movie Marathon: Pick a theme or favorite movie series, set up cozy seating, and enjoy a movie marathon complete with popcorn and snacks.
2. Holiday Baking Party: Gather in the kitchen to bake and decorate cookies, gingerbread houses, or holiday-themed treats together.
3. Outdoor Adventure: Plan a winter hike, sledding day, or visit a nearby park for some fresh air and exercise.
4. Game Night Extravaganza: Board games, card games, and video games can provide hours of entertainment. Consider having a tournament with prizes for the winners.
5. Craft Day: Get creative by making holiday crafts like DIY ornaments, wreaths, or personalized holiday cards.
6. Volunteering Together: Give back to the community by volunteering at a local shelter, food bank, or charity. It's a meaningful way to spend time together while making a positive impact.
7. Secret Santa Gift Exchange: Organize a gift exchange where each participant draws a name and buys a thoughtful gift for that person. Set a budget to keep it affordable and fun.
8. Scavenger Hunt: Create a holiday-themed scavenger hunt with clues and riddles that lead to hidden treasures or surprises.
9. Karaoke or Talent Show: Host a talent show where family and friends can showcase their singing, dancing, or other talents. It's a great way to have a good laugh and celebrate each other's abilities.
10. Attend Church Together: If you do not have a designated congregation, take the time to attend a service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Check the local City Guides or many faith-based organizations will post their schedule of services on the Facebook, Instagram or their website.
Don’t forget to document the events, take pictures and enjoy the time together.